Gaylord Rockies Resort & Conference Middle formally opened its doorways as the biggest mixed resort and conference heart in Colorado.
Simply 10 minutes from Denver Worldwide Airport, the resort is the fifth Gaylord Motels® property and one of many largest resorts on the planet to debut underneath the Marriott Worldwide model this yr. The Denver space has seen unprecedented development previously decade, however Gaylord Rockies Resort & Conference Middle is the definition of a gamechanger for the area, delivering 1,501 rooms, 485,000 sq. toes of conference heart area and an in depth indoor/outside water park on a sprawling 85-acre web site. For main conference planners and vacationers (each enterprise and leisure), Gaylord Rockies redefines and reimagines what a large-scale resort will be.
“Including a western group vacation spot of this magnitude to Marriott Internationals portfolio permits our group to leverage current giant convention enterprise demand into the property. This spectacular new-build can even create new demand available in the market with conferences prospects who’ve by no means thought-about Colorado for his or her occasions,” mentioned Mike Stengel, Senior Vice President of Gaylord Motels at Marriott Worldwide.
The Excellent Location
Overlooking the town of Denver skyline, framed by the Rocky Mountains, Gaylord Rockies Resort & Conference Middle is the primary true tourism product in Aurora, Colo. – a quickly rising group instantly east of Denver. As one of many closest mixed resort and conference facilities to Denver Worldwide Airport – the fifth busiest airport within the nation – the property is completely positioned as a gateway vacation spot to the Rocky Mountains with fast entry to the Mile Excessive Metropolis.
“For the previous three years, a devoted group of greater than 1,500 people has labored tirelessly to convey this large undertaking to life,” mentioned Gaylord Rockies Resort & Conference Middle Common Supervisor Rick Medwedeff. “We couldn’t be extra excited to formally open our doorways and welcome company to expertise all that’s provided at this magnificent property; a vacation spot expertise in its personal that authentically captures Colorado’s adventurous spirit.”
A Hyper-Native Colorado Strategy
Setting it aside from different similarly-sized resorts, Gaylord Rockies Resort & Conference Middle is constructed from the bottom as much as authentically seize an area sense of place. The resort’s inside design and décor is modeled after features iconic to Colorado – every thing from cascading waterfalls over boulders and native nature art work to native landscaping and even elevators designed to seem like previous mine shafts, paying tribute to Colorado’s gold rush historical past. The Centennial State really feel is carried over into visitor rooms, with aspen tree-inspired carpets, lumberjack plaid print pillows and climbing and tenting maps within the closets. Within the Conference Middle, charming Colorado particulars are sprinkled all through together with components that symbolize ski tracks, snow drifts and snowflakes. Native meals and beverage partnerships are additionally an integral a part of resort together with a collaboration with Dry Dock Brewing Co., an award-winning brewery in Aurora, which affords two unique resort branded brews.
The Final Colorado Conferences & Occasions Venue
As Colorado’s premier assembly and conference vacation spot, Gaylord Rockies’ “every thing in a single place” strategy ensures teams maximizes their time collectively, whereas unmatched conferences experience and exemplary service requirements ensures a profitable, stress-free expertise. Planners can convey their convention, conference or assembly to life in one of many property’s new indoor or outside occasion rooms, together with the 20,000-square-foot Aurora Patio and the 175,000-square-foot Exhibit Corridor.
Gaylord Rockies By The Numbers
– The resort’s rustic, alpine allure options 1,501 rooms, together with 114 well-appointed suites. Of the suites, there are 14 presidential suites ranging between 1,500- and a couple of,200-square-feet.
– The property boasts greater than 486,000-square-feet of exhibition, assembly, pre-function and outside area.
– Dine formally or casually at eight meals & beverage retailers, serving steak and American, Asian and Italian fares.
– The 100-foot Grand Lodges’ centerpiece is a 75-foot-tall (eight tales excessive) atrium window providing spectacular views of the Denver skyline framed by the Rocky Mountains.
– The 17-room Relache Spa and Salon, plus state-of-the-art health heart and ice fountain, supply numerous methods for company to loosen up and recharge.
– Indoor and outside swimming pools full with a lazy river and three waterslides – a complete of 22,000-square-feet of aquatic experiences – in addition to an arcade, miniature golf, bike leases, pickleball and extra.
– A 75-foot viewing display screen, the biggest within the state, within the Mountain Move Sports activities Bar – best for recreation day celebrations.
Charges begin at $249 per evening for most people and as little as $119* for Colorado residents (*restricted time supply).